EWS worked alongside with 9 other Nasty & superbly specialized bad-ass organizers to make 'HERSTORY'. Lina & Liz were the central points for artists' inventory logistics & communication to assist with the success of the show. Nasty Women exhibition opened at Knockdown center January 12th, 2017. The team gave 100% of the proceeds to planned parenthood. In three hours, 2240 people attended, 444 artworks purchased and almost 35k raised for PP for an incredibly basic, yet well organized cash & carry system. See the links on PRESS for the <3.
· 623 Artists delivered works
· 444 Works sold on opening night generating almost $32k for PP
· 680 (?ish) works under $100 'SOLD OUT' generating over $45k
· 700+ submissions
· 150+ volunteers
· 32+ Articles written about NWE
· 40+ shows now worldwide which has started a movement of Solidarity in Blue and Red states across the country and also in locations across the world.
EWS is part of a Dynamic 8 person team organizing together as a political-art-activist group spearheaded by Jessamyn Fiore & Roxanne Jackson. We are working to implement an exhibition demonstrating solidarity among close to 700 artists who identify as a ‘Nasty Woman’ in the face of threats to roll back women’s rights and reproductive freedom before a Trump Presidential Inauguration January 2017. All sales of work ranging from only $10-$100 (Cash & Carry) will benefit Planned Parenthood. Other Nasty Women Operation Team include: Angel Bellaran, Barbara Smith, Haley Shaw, Young Sun Han, Clive Murphy, Carolina Wheat, Liz Nielsen, Stephanie Stockbridge and Aimee Odum,